Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Freely Given Gift: Peace

 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
-John 14:27 (NIV)-


Peace: quiet, tranquility, stillness, free from disturbance, Selah

What are your words for peace? Sometimes, it is almost indescribable. I remember being upset one afternoon and just feeling an absolute sense of dread coming on. I asked, "Lord?" And immediately, he answered me with "My peace I give to you." My heart was refreshed, and the sense of dread was immediately replaced with His peace. I felt comforted, calm, and ready for anything. I realized that I had no idea what the future held, but for that moment and what turned out for the rest of the afternoon, I felt nothing but peace. I was not troubled. I was not afraid. And nothing in this world could compare to what Jesus gave me that afternoon, and continues to build within me: trust and hope in Him.

Sometimes, pictures and music can capture our hearts more accurately than a message. Just taking a few moments to be in absolute awe of what God has created on this earth for us is phenomenal. If that's you, I hope this post brings you some comfort, some Selah.

Check out Jeremy Camp's "Give me Jesus" song. Sit with your eyes closed and soak in this song. It's gorgeous.

"You can have this whole world, just give me Jesus."

Heavenly Father, sometimes words are inexpressible because your beauty is unfathomable. Thank you for creating life on Earth to help us appreciate your creativity and artwork! Jesus, thank you for giving us your peace both in times that we don't ask for it and in times we do. Thank you for filling our hearts with hope and encouragement; courage and wisdom; love and joyful praise. Thank you for teaching us how to rest in You, and how to submit daily to You. We pray for your peace this day. We ask to receive it in ourselves, our families, our neighbors and friends. We ask that our land receive it. We ask that our brothers and sisters around the world receive it. We ask that we are bestowed with your amazing love, in remembrance for what you've done for us and continue to do for us. In Your name we pray, Amen.


 


 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheerful Givers

Blogs I Follow