Saturday, September 22, 2012

Creative Clouds at Work

 
"But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him."
-1 Corinthians 2:9 (ESV)-
 
 
 
"My heart and flesh cry out
for you the living God.
Your Spirit is water to my soul
I've tasted and I've seen
Come once again to me
I will draw near to you.
I will draw near to you."
 
     Today is one of those days where I wish God would stretch his hand out from Heaven and I could crawl into it. Have you ever had a day like that? This song's lyrics described this day perfectly. As I was thinking about how to get closer to God, I felt drawn to pull over. My heart and flesh were crying out today. I desired to draw near to him. I didn't want just this small taste. I wanted a giant dose! As I closed my eyes to get still and quiet before the Lord, a song floated through my mind that I haven't heard for years. The chorus says, "Open your eyes," over and over. When I did open my eyes, there was this fabulous and wonderful picture of clouds in front of me. In total awe, I took a picture. I see so many things in this shot. What about you?
 
     Do you see the arch in the middle? It looks like a bridge on top with three arches underneath. On the right side, I see the profile of a person. I see a cat's face on the bottom in between the middle bridge. I see butterfly wings on the top left. The list could go on and on!
 
     And then, something struck me: if this is just a cloud formation...what must God have prepared for us, those of us who love him?
 
     Friends, I'm writing today to encourage you that as we keep our minds, hearts and eyes fixed on Jesus, God is preparing something for us; something so magnificient we will be awestruck and amazed. Keep that close when you have a day you wish you could just crawl into a corner. And remember, his Holy Spirit is given to us. Remember not to stifle him, but to submit yourselves more and more so that he is able to accomplish his purposes through you.
 
     An incredible book that has helped me tremendously is Stormie Omartian's "Lead Me, Holy Spirit" book of prayers.  I highly reccommend it to anyone who is not only desiring a closer relationship to God, but also to anyone who is willing to be transformed.
 
     Heavenly Father, Thank you for showing us your magnificient beauty and creative energy through something as simple as clouds! Thank you that you are with us always. Thank you that we only have to turn to your Son and pray in his name. Help our minds to be more in line with your will so that when we pray, we are praying in the Spirit and in Truth. Abba, thank you for Mrs. Omartian's passion to teach us about prayer with and through You. We praise you for your marvelous works, and for preparing something so great we have not seen, heard or been able to imagine it. In Jesus' name, Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheerful Givers

Blogs I Follow