Saturday, July 26, 2014

Loving Right Where We Are...


Woah, woah, how am I going to relate a love song to a devotional? Easy. 

We found love right where we are...

I met with my Pastor recently for coffee to catch up and chat. After nearly two hours and sharing laughs, he said, "You've got a joy about you. You're filled with joy." And I realized, yeah. Yeah, I am! And you know something? It's not from another human being! I mean, I am definitely incredibly blessed to have a family and friends who pour their love into me daily, but....nah. I'm not sparkling because of them. I'm sparkling because of Him. 

I found love right where I am...with God. That sounds crazy, right? But bear with me! If you're married or seeing someone, wonderful! But if you're single, like me (especially us romantics), we smile sheepishly as we look out the window when we think about someone like Sheeran is describing in his song. And above all - his song made me look forward to whoever God is going to bring into my life. 

Even as the world is being destroyed all around us, let's focus on the good stuff today. 

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for your love. Thank you for pouring it into us. Thank you for the people you put in and take out of our lives for Your reasons alone. Help us to be a blessing to someone today. Help us to remind someone today (even one of your smallest or greatest creatures) that they are incredibly special and their life is full of purpose through our actions or words to them. Take Your broken people and unite us in your love. We love you Lord, You are our strength (Psalm 18:1). In Jesus' name, amen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheerful Givers

Blogs I Follow